Custom project roles were introduced in Unleash 4.6 and are only available in Unleash Enterprise.
The guides on this page are also available in video format! Does a minute or two of watching someone walk through the steps sound better to you than following steps with static screenshots? If so, check out these video walkthroughs instead 🍿
Creating custom project roles
It takes about three steps to create custom project roles:
- Navigate to the custom project roles page by using the admin menu (the gear symbol) and navigating to users.
- Navigate to the "project roles" tab.
- Use the "new project role" button to open the role creation form.
- Give the role a name, an optional description, and the set of permissions you'd like it to have. For a full overview of all the options, consult the custom project roles reference documentation.
Assigning custom project roles
Custom project role creation is a pretty straightforward process and requires around three steps, outlined below.
To assign a custom project role to a user:
- Navigate to the project you want to assign the user a role in.
- Navigate to the project's access page.
- This step depends on whether the user has already been added to the project or not:
- If the user has already been added to the project, select the new role you want to give them from the dropdown menu next to their name.
- If the user hasn't been added to the project, add them via the 'add user' form. Select the role you want to give them from the role field.